Professional, Specialist and Support
Our UK organisation is divided into two distinct areas - Business Divisions
and Support Functions
. You will learn more about these specific areas when you use the search function
to look for roles. Please note that searching here will deliver available roles from all Santander companies in the UK, including: Santander Global Banking & Markets, Santander Corporate Banking, Santander Cards Limited, Santander Asset Management UK, Santander Insurance Services UK
and Santander Universities.
Experience life at the UK Head Office in London
Watch a whistle-stop tour of our Triton Square offices in central London, a base for over 1,200 employees.
- Combining the branch networks and telephone sales channels of all the UK businesses, plus Premium Banking and Premium Investments.
Abbey for Intermediaries
- Focuses on selling mortgages, insurance and protection through independent financial advisers, and combines Abbey and A&L intermediary sales.
- Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley International, Cater Allen and Abbey Sharedealing businesses, offering specialist banking customers the services they want.
Santander Corporate Banking
- Business Banking - Supporting SME businesses with a turnover of upto £250,000 from within Business Communities, based in Santander Branches across the country.
- Regional Corporate Banking Centres Twenty centres located throughout the UK deal with customers with a turnover of between £250,000 and £150m
- Large Corporate Group - Looking after customers who have an annual turnover of over £150 million, from a London base.
These areas are supported by the specialist product teams in Manchester and London for areas where more in-depth deals are required.
Product Marketing, Brand and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Responsible for products, marketing and brand communications for the UK businesses, and conducts research with our customers to understand how we can serve them better.
- Responsible for all information technology, cost control and operations activity including service centres.
- Makes sure Santander's UK businesses have an adequate risk policy and control framework, and reports any material risk to the Risk Committee and the Board.
- Makes sure Santander's UK businesses have effective processes and controls in place to manage risks.
- Encompasses a number of departments:
- Legal, Secretariat, Tax & Regulatory - makes sure Santander's UK businesses comply with company legislation and regulation. Provides legal advisory services to the business, and manages subsidiary companies and their statutory requirements.
- Human Resources - Responsible for delivering all HR strategy and personnel support, including the learning function.
- Strategy & Planning - Uses economic and market intelligence to generate a consistent strategy for the company and develops initiatives to help Santander achieve its plans.
- Finance - Produces all financial information, both internal management information and external statutory & regulatory reporting. Also manages financial control and governance across Santander's UK businesses.
- Communications - Manages and promotes effective communication with Santander's key stakeholders: employees, the media, the government, local communities and charities.
- Service Quality and Complaints - Responsible for improving our service quality record and handling complaints, both directly from customers and through the media.